Heating & Furnace Repair Services in Melbourne, FL, and Surrounding Areas
Heating & Furnace Repair Services
A properly functioning furnace and heating system provides the warmth and comfort your family needs in the colder months.
However, a malfunctioning, inefficient furnace could lead to a variety of additional problems, such as exposure to cold weather, higher electricity bills, and even carbon monoxide leakage.
Our certified and professional furnace technicians Duron Smith AC & Heat provide convenient and comprehensive maintenance of your home’s heating system. We can also provide a full-service upgrade of your furnace to a new, high-efficiency unit that you’ll enjoy for years. We also provide affordable financing programs that make any purchase easy on your budget. Be sure to ask about our easy financing options.
Signs Your Furnace Needs to be Repaired or Inspected
By observing the below warning signs, you can know when you may need your furnace to be inspected, and possibly repaired.
- Observe your system’s age. A properly installed furnace will last around 10-15 years.
- Be sure your thermostat works. A common problem of a malfunctioning furnace is miscommunication between your heating unit and thermostat, causing temperature irregularity in your house.
- Check your burner flame. The flame in your unit should burn a consistent, bright blue. Flickering or yellow flame indicates an incomplete burn. This is a sign of carbon monoxide leakage and is incredibly dangerous. Be sure to contact a professional immediately if your flame is any color other than blue.
- Rusting on your vent pipe.
- The furnace is making strange noises.
IMPORTANT: A furnace or heater should not remain broken for long, as this could lead to the leaking of dangerous gasses in your home and other types of damage. If your furnace or heater breaks, PLEASE contact us immediately. We will send a qualified and friendly service expert to help ensure that your heater is properly repaired as soon as possible. Avoid using a furnace or heater while it is damaged because it could cause further damage to the equipment.
Duron Smith AC & Heat provides you with comprehensive furnace repair and heating services to ensure your comfort and to protect your investment. Like any piece of major machinery, preventative maintenance, coupled with regular furnace inspections will help ensure your furnace remains in good working order. Our team of technicians will go over every part of your unit to identify areas or items that may require a small fix now, avoiding a potential breakdown in the future during heavy operation.
If a problem arises with your furnace, or it is due for a maintenance check, Duron Smith AC & Heat’s friendly and highly qualified furnace repair technicians have years of experience accurately troubleshooting and diagnosing furnace related issues.
We are dedicated to providing you with safe, reliable heating solutions that you and your family will be able to enjoy for years to come.
Preventative Furnace Maintenance
In addition to furnace repair, our friendly team of professionals provides regularly scheduled maintenance and services of your heating system. This is extremely important because as your furnace ages, not only can it experience technical difficulties, but the overall efficiency of the heating system may decrease as well.
As with many other parts of your home, furnaces and heaters need to be serviced regularly in order to ensure they are functioning normally, and the furnace warranty stays intact. You do not want to have a furnace or heater in your home that is at risk of breaking or losing warranty protection, as it could lead to more costly repairs to your unit, and as previously mentioned, may lead to carbon monoxide leakage.
We will examine, clean, and adjust the appropriate parts of your unit in addition to gathering vital data on temperature, voltage draws, and other aspects of operational performance. This involves the heat exchanger, burners, fan switch, pilot, safety controls, gas line, combustion air openings, panels, controls, safety features, lubrication belts and pulleys, air filters, and thermostat. The malfunction of any of these components of your unit can lead to reduced performance and malfunction.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Do your heading unit a favor and ensure maintenance that will not only help extend the life of your furnace but help maintain peak performance throughout the year.
New Furnace Installation
Even with scheduled furnace maintenance and repair, the time will come when a new furnace is required. Duron Smith AC & Heat has multiple furnace and heating options for your home. We have just the right heating equipment for your budget.
Once you have purchased your furnace and decided the location it will be located within your home, our team will decide where your duct will run on your unit and connect to your ducting system. We will then connect your furnace’s intake and exhaust pipes, link to the gas (once it is shut off and ventilation is ensured) and electrical supply. We will then connect the condensation drain to the basement floor and test your unit by running it though a heating cycle.
Call us today for a free consultation and furnace upgrade estimate at (321) 351-3386. Do you need affordable financing? Learn more here about our easy and convenient furnace and heating financing options.
Do-It-Yourself Furnace Troubleshooting Tips
If you do not remember the last time you inspected your home’s furnace, it’s encouraged you do so to ensure everything is in proper working order. Remember, the average lifespan of a properly cared for furnace is anywhere from 10-15 years. Below you’ll find several do-it-yourself recommendations for troubleshooting your own heating unit in order to make certain your furnace is not in need of urgent maintenance or repair. Should you become concerned or discover a problem/issue after completing an initial inspection, our certified furnace technicians are standing by to assist you.
- Replace the furnace air filters. Air filters should be replaced every 30-90 days depending on the amount of dust and pet hair in your home.
- While the thermostat is in heat mode and the furnace is on, check the supply register (small vents throughout the house) and the return air register (the large vent, typically situated in a hallway). After a few minutes feel to see if the air feels warm or stays cold.
- Wipe clean and level your home’s thermostats. Duct and venting systems over time can suffer from wear and tear. Search for rust or gaps in duct work or piping. If you see any gaps, this is a strong indication your furnace is losing its energy efficiency and likely costing you more on monthly energy bills.
- Remove boxes or items from around your home’s heating equipment. Clutter around the furnace could impede your maintenance service or provide a combustible fuel source in the event of an electrical problem.
Need a schedule the regular maintenance tune-up on your unit? Our friendly and award-winning furnace service is one quick phone call away!